Apply to IFDM

The application for IFDM is now closed. Check back for new information on how to begin the degree in Fall 2018.  If you have questions or need more information, please email

Apply to the University of New Mexico

Students must first apply to the University of New Mexico.  Prospective students can apply online through


Meet with an Advisor

Freshmen will meet with advisors at New Student Orientation (NSO). UNM students should make an appointment to see an advisor during office hours through LoboAchieve. Transfer students can contact a CFA advisor or partnering college advisor.


Apply to IFDM

The application is now closed.


Apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a minor.

Once a student is accepted into IFDM, the final step is to choose a major in one of the IFDM partnering colleges/schools at UNM.  Contact the IFDM Partner College Advisors, found at the bottom of the IFDM page, to learn about the admission requirements for your chosen degree.