Our classes are taught by working professionals, renowned moving image artists, and accomplished academics. Screenwriters, computer graphics experts, experimental filmmakers, photographers, cinematographers, and virtual reality pioneers, working in tandem with cultural theorists and film historians, deliver an intellectually rigorous and practical curriculum. Both the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) have recognized the work of Film & Digital Arts faculty members.
Breaking barriers in new knowledge and creating connections through interdisciplinary research, our faculty recently:
- Founded New Mexico’s first Virtual Reality festival, the ARVRUS Roadshow.
- Created MetaPipe, a revolutionary online service allowing animators and VFX artists to set up a powerful and complex studio infrastructure entirely in the cloud.
- Curated the tenth annual Experiments in Cinema festival.
- Addressed the International Festival of New Latin American Cinema in Havana.
Contact Film & Digital Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.