Angela BeauchampDepartment Administrator
Angie is our department administrator and teaches one course per semester. She holds an M.A. in Film Theory and Gender Studies from Skidmore College after previous graduate work in a Ph.D. program focusing on women and land tenure in Liberia, West Africa. Angie recently inaugurated a classic film program at La Sala de Galisteo, giving two public lectures on Ace in the Hole and Sunset Boulevard. She was an editor of the 2016 Basement Films book, “Experiments in She-ness: Women and Undependent Cinema” and 2017’s “Experiments in Cinema: Cubano Edition,” and managed the educational blog of cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC (Need for Speed, Terminator Salvation) from 2012 to 2016. In 2015, Angie received the Michael Costello Prize for Service to the Department of Cinematic Arts and a PAWS (People Appreciate Wonderful Staff) Award from the UNM Staff Council.
- MA 330/430 Film Noir
- MA 330/430 New Mexican Film Noir
- MA 330/430 Post-Apocalyptic Cinema
- MA 336/436 Images of (Wo)men
Contact Cinematic Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.