Director and Emmy Award winning cinematographer Barry Kirk began his career as a still photographer. With his personal mantra that half the world is back-lit, Barry’s discerning eye has created memorable images and spectacular lighting. Carrying a camera around the world for over 30 years, he has had the honor of shooting for the Smithsonian Museum, American Laser Games, National Geographic, Aldo Leopold Foundation, Olympics, Kentucky Derby Museum, Discovery Channel, and UNM Center for Regional Studies. Directing and shooting for both national and international advertising agencies, Barry has collaborated with multiple art directors and creative teams.
- IFDM491 Cinematography with RED Camera
- IFDM491 Introduction to Cinematography
- IFDM491 Advanced Cinematography
Contact Cinematic Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.