Ed BrandtProfessor of Practice
Originally from Chicago, Ed Brandt received a BA from Lewis University concentrating in both fine art and graphic design. Upon graduation he began a career as a graphic designer, founding his own company five years later, serving clients from various industries nationwide. Throughout this time he continued his studio practice, exhibiting in both group and solo exhibitions. With a passion for education, Ed has served as adjunct professor and continuing education instructor teaching a variety of fine art, graphic design, and technical courses. Returning to school to pursue a graduate degree in the fine arts, he received an MFA from UNM with a focus in painting and drawing. Ed’s painted abstractions balance reductive formal directness with layered media and materials exploring perceptions of time, place, object, and experience. He is represented by Chiaroscuro Contemporary Art in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He is now a Professor of Practice in the UNM Department of Art.
- IFDM 250 Visual Design Exploration
- IFDM 491 Creative Design Thinking
Contact Cinematic Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.