Nina FonoroffAssociate Professor
Associate Professor Nina Fonoroff’s hybrids of collage, painting, and musical composition from sampled sound and cinema have recently resulted in new variations of her well-received courses. Central to her creative process is a deep involvement in almost all of the phases of a film’s production—from scripting and shooting to editing and finishing of image and sound elements—enriching our students’ vision and skill. Most recently, Fonoroff has begun experimenting with hand-processing film.
- MA330/430 Avant-Garde Film History
- MA330/430 Musicals
- MA330/430 The Cinematic Worlds of Michael Jackson
- MA330/430 Science Fiction Film History
- MA391 16MM Filmmaking
- MA429 Found Footage
Contact Cinematic Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.