Apply to IFDM
The IFDM application is now open and the deadline has been extended to June 30, 2018.
To apply to begin taking classes in the IFDM core and pursue a degree in IFDM or an IFDM concentration or minor, students must:
- fill out the “Application for Consideration for Admission to IFDM Core,” form, available here.
- write a letter of intent that meets the approval of Cinematic Arts faculty (see instructions below)
It is preferred that students:
- be on track to complete 6-9 hours of IFDM electives or Media Arts courses with grade C or better in each class, or if students are applying for an IFDM concentration or minor in one of the partnering colleges please review the “Application for Consideration of Admission to IFDM Core” form for course requirements (all students who do not complete the 6-9 hours for the IFDM degree or other course requirements for the concentration or minor will still be considered for admission)
The letter of intent (3-4, double-spaced pages) will outline your reasons for seeking admission to the IFDM core. In it, you will discuss those aspects of film and digital media that are of most interest to you, your academic goals, and why a BFA in IFDM will help you pursue those goals.
If you are a student who is interested in pursuing the BS through the School of Engineering in Computer Science with an IFDM Distributed Minor, a BA through the College of Arts & Sciences in Communication with a Critical Studies in Mass Media Concentration or a BA in Journalism & Mass Communication, or a BBA through the Anderson School of Management with an IFDM Concentration, please see a college advisor in the appropriate college.
Contact Cinematic Arts
How to Apply
- All students must be admitted to the University, whether as an incoming freshman, transfer student, or non-degree student. Apply online through the Admissions Department at UNM.
- You must also apply to the College of Fine Arts as a pre-major or a major.
- In addition IFDM majors must apply to become a major. There is no separate application for Media Arts majors.